Monday, March 13, 2017

Book Review #8 - Beautifully Broken

Beautifully BrokenBeautifully Broken by Laura Lee
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Kat is eighteen and she's going to be a high school senior. Lucky for her she looks older than she is. She's celebrating her eighteenth birthday alone, in a bar.
That is until Gavin walks in. After a little flirting, he takes her to the local diner and then to his place. She intends this to be a one night stand, as they usually are. Her heart, however, has other plans. Gavin and Kat continue to see each other for the rest of the summer. But on the first day of school, they realize there is a problem. Gavin is Kat's second period teacher! They know it is wrong, but there is such a strong attraction, that they want to make it work regardless.

Kat has a dark history, that she is sure will run Gavin off, but even when he learns her secrets he still wants her in every way.
We watch as their relationship has many ups and downs. Both Kat and Gavin experience heartbreak and heartaches. But can they make it last? Will they get through it all?

I adored this book. I related to Kat in some ways as I have had things happen in my past, that I was sure would run my husband away, but they didn't. I understood her fear and acceptance that there could or would be rejection. I cried with the characters as they experienced very heartbreaking events, and felt the joy they felt when things were going great. I could relate to the want that they both had for each other.
I feel that Laura Lee did a wonderful job creating these characters and their stories. Their pasts and presents; their ideations of their future. I felt more as if I were experiencing what was happening with a best friend, rather than reading it in a book.
I am hoping that the author could maybe, write a sequel to this book. Perhaps exploring Gavin and Kat's relationship going forward, after the ending. I would love to see these characters in a book again.
I am definitely recommending this book to whoever asks what I have been reading lately.

*I received this book from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review and opinions.*

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Hi, We’re looking for bloggers to review a Christian Comedy DVD called “Heaven Bound”.
    If you’re interested please email me – I was unable to find the contact form on your website

    Jake@fishflix.com

    ReplyDelete