Saturday, March 4, 2017

Book Review #5 - The Sisters of Sugarcreek

The Sisters of SugarcreekThe Sisters of Sugarcreek by Cathy Liggett
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was an amazing read!

It all starts with a fire, a church fire to be exact. The heart of Sugarcreek is ripped out when the First United Church of Christ burnt down. Trapped inside was Rose, a small business owner in the town and the aunt of one of our main characters: Jessica, and volunteer fireman Henry Gruber, a quiet Amish man and husband of another main character: Lydia. Both Henry and Rose's lives were taken by the fire, leaving behind some heavy hearts and unanswered questions. We then meet Liz Cannon who happened to be Rose's best friend. With her best friend gone she starts spending time with Jessica, and as time goes on these three main characters become an unlikely group of friends.

Going through the ups and downs of life after loss, we see these characters develop in the most beautiful ways. Two of the characters find love, while another finally gets answers to questions that had been weighing her heart down. We meet other supporting characters with just as much heart as our three wonderful women.

I found this book to be a beautiful read. I laughed, cried, and smiled as I read the words that flowed beautifully. The author has an amazing talent. She sucks you in with the story and once you start reading, you have a hard time stopping.

I would recommend this book to any young lady or any other women I know. It is a truly touching story about how life goes on, even after incredible loss.

*I received this book from Tyndale Publishers in exchange for my honest review and opinions.*


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment