Thursday, December 8, 2016

Book Review #1 - Desperate Measures




Desperate MeasuresDesperate Measures by Elle Casey
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book was a great read. Perfect for the girl who loves a bit of drama tossed in with some romance.

Desperate Measures follows Aimee, Kiki, and Elizabeth as they meet for the first time at a bookstore, and then begin a wonderful friendship. With the help of Kiki and Elizabeth, Aimee faces a challenge with her unhinged soon to be ex-husband and the nasty divorce he brings to the table. Aimee conquers fears and realizes she is not all the lies her ex told her she was.

This book was quite the page turner, for me. I found myself quickly wrapped up in the story of these three women, and I connected greatly with the character of Aimee. I had faced some similar situations to hers, not that long ago. I found the character development of Aimee to be quite amazing, and even found myself being proud of her as the story progressed.
The only thing I found myself unhappy with was the ending. I felt it was a bit rushed. I understand this book is part of a trilogy, however, I still think the ending could have been approached in a different manner. The author could have left us in suspense as they do with most trilogies. However, this ending felt to me as if it were a rushed ending and then it was decided later that there would be an extension of the story.

Other than my frustration with the ending, this book was definitely enjoyable. I finished it in a day.

View all my reviews on Goodreads.

~Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment